“We believe that we can make a difference by showcasing the most inspirational stories about our country, its diversity and culture and as long as we continue to enjoy the peculiar sensation of gathering with a bunch of strangers in a darkened theatre, film will always matter.”
Meire Fernandes and Nazareno Paulo
The Los Angeles Brazilian Film Festival will take place from September 16th – 20th in Los Angeles. Opening night will be held at the Harmony Gold Theater on September 16th with a red carpet event broadcast live to Brazil followed by a premiere.
The festival will offer screenings from Sept 17th to Sept 20th at the Ivar Theater at the Los Angeles Film School in Hollywood. Movie screenings are FREE at first come first serve.
LABRFF will also offer the Film Market with guest speakers at the Los Angeles Film School on September 18th and at the AKA Hotel in Beverly Hills on September 19th and 20th.
If you have a project or a movie that does not have a distributor yet, please contact us via email email@example.com and if you are looking for investors, partners or if you are coproducing with Brazil this is the great event for you.
If you want to become a member of LABRFF, please click on “support us” and choose “membership” to become a member. Membership will grant you access to the Opening and Closing Night, all the screenings, film market, VIP parties, and much more.
OPPORTUNITIES IN BRAZIL
Box office Brazil in 2012
- 2012: 15.5 million people watched films made in Brazil (In the same year,
- grossing foreign long reached 130.9 million tickets a huge difference)
- Brazilian cinema occupied in 2012, only 10.6 % of the market range
- 89.4 % of the public left the house to see foreign films.
- 2012: 83 Brazilian features released
- According to the National Agency of Cinema 2013 have had more than 27.5 million people, the biggest audience in 30 years in the Brazilian Cinema
- 127 Brazilian features had a theatrical release in 2013
- Also in 2013 the share of domestic films in the cinema market rose from 10.62 % in 2012 to 18.3 % this year.